- 2014-11-05 Financial Aid & Scholarships
- 2014-11-05 2015 TMU Admission Brochure for International Students
The Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine since August 2007 has offered a series of courses to train clinicians in research methods. To provide promising students with expertise in combining such skills with basic and clinical medicine, this institute established a master’s degree program curriculum in 2013 offered to non-medical graduates. This institute also offers a doctoral program taught in a systematic, flexible and integrated fashion to help students acquire a broad spectrum of academic skills. With these independent research abilities, graduates can improve the quality of medical care and promote social welfare.
1. To produce excellent scientists in translational medicine.
2. To simultaneously provide students with clinical experience while they study medicinal theories and laboratory results.
3. To cultivate professionalalism.
1. Disease research: The institute has developed six research groups devoted to the research of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, genetic diseases, immunological and inflammatory diseases, as well as Chinese herbal medicine and cell regeneration medicine (stem cell therapy).
2. Research-oriented: We offer courses in clinical trials, translational medicine, cell biology, molecular biology, lab rotation and research techniques, applied statistics, research design, advanced paper writing and genetic medicine.
3. Dual mentorship: All students are given guidance and counseling by two supervisors who possess backgrounds in clinical medicine and research.Progress supervision team: To ensure the quality and direction of the students’ research, the chief supervisor may organize a committee to review a progress report on student research and give feedback.